This page is for all the desertSMART Challengers.
Complete the challenges, submit your results, earn points, and win prizes!
You can submit your results by sending in the hard-copy forms to info@desertsmartchallenge, by dropping the forms off to our office on cnr. Warburton St and Lindsay Ave, Eastside, or, by simply filling out each section here.
Don’t forget to book in for workshops!
- Water Fortnight: 17th-30th March
- Water Challenge
- Water Fact Sheet
- Water Workshops
- Latest Tech and Lowest Tech Irrigation Workshop: 22nd March (World Water Day) 2pm, Community Gardens
- Know your soil, grow better veggies. 30th March, 2pm, Garden Solutions, Lindsay Ave
- Submit Water Results: due: 2nd April
- Food Fortnight: March 31st – April 13th
- Food Challenge
- Food Fact Sheet
- Meat and the Environment
- Food Workshops and events
- Yoghurt and soft cheese, 6pm, Alice Springs Steiner School, Ragonesi Road
- Spill the beans: community dinner + discussion about food. 10th April, 6:30pm. Community Gardens. Free event. BYO vegetarian plate to share
- Submit Food Results
- Easter Break: April 14th – April 20th
- Transport fortnight: April 21st – May 4th
- Transport Challenge
- Transport Workshop
- Bike Maintenance Workshop. Tues 29th April, 6:30pm, Smith St Velo.
- Transport Results
- Waste Fortnight: May 5th – May 18th
- Waste Challenge
- Waste Workshops
- Biodynamic Compost workshop. Saturday 10th May, 9am, Alice Springs Steiner School, Ragonesi Road.
- Beer brewing. Sunday 11th May, 3pm, Eagle Training Centre
- Green cleaning: 21st May, 6pm ALEC Office, Cnr Warburton St and Lindsay Ave.
- Waste Survey