A five year Strategic Plan has been developed in cooperation with the ALEC Management Committee, key stakeholders and from key findings from member surveys. Strategic Plan 2011
The following Strategic Objectives have been identified:
1. Measurably reduce the ecological footprint of arid zone households through promotion of best practice in sustainable living and behaviour change.
2. Provide a hub for the dissemination of sustainability research, information, ideas and opportunities through the community and member network.
3. Foster development and maintenance of dynamic support networks and partnerships.
4. Assist the NTG to achieve the goals and objectives of the Territory 2030 Plan and the Climate Change Policy targets.
5. Monitor and evaluate the operation and results of DSCM programs to ensure they achieve impacts and are accountable to objectives.
Sustaining an efficient and effective organization
6. Ongoing planning and review of the organisation.
7. Build capacity of staff, networks and partners.
8. Develop and maintain a reliable funding base.